Welcome to Bot Club,
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error when running Logical AI in VMWare Guest OS

Go down

Error when running Logical AI in VMWare Guest OS Empty Error when running Logical AI in VMWare Guest OS

Post by mannyman Sat May 03, 2008 1:22 pm

In this post I would like to give you guys that are planning to run Logical AI in an VMWare Guest OS, an hint about an error that may show up.
But first of all I have to say that without Logical AI´s author (and admin of this forum) unlimited help, patience and effort to solve my problem (hours!!! of personal assistance over ICQ and lots of emails) , I would never get to the point, where AI´s now running smooth on my "Guest OS." Surely one of the best support experience in my entire computer life and convincing enough to buy this great piece of software. cheers

Ok so now to the problem. Check your Preferences setting in VMWare (Edit -> Preferences-> Memory Tap)
and set the Reserved memory slider to somewhere like 3/4 of total ram (in this case 1536MB).
Like in the picture below.

Error when running Logical AI in VMWare Guest OS Vmmemoryth5

The default setting is 4/4 (in this case 1843MB) and will kill/hammer you cpu (Guest OS) when starting the bot.
It will almost crash right at the beginning and show some error messages (Error: The requested action with this object has failed.)
Finding this out took me and admin two days, so I hope this posting will save some of you guys time! Wink
cheers manny

mannyman

Back to top Go down